Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so if you’re in the process of losing weight, it’s only smart to make your morning meal count. Check out these yummy breakfast ideas that could help you jumpstart your weight loss goals in no time.
1. Choose to eat oat bran – because of its exceptionally high fiber content, oat bran has fewer calories than the same amount of oatmeal. For instance, a three-quarter-cup serving of cooked oat bran contains only 66 calories, compared to 124 calories in the same amount of cooked oatmeal. Oat bran also has more antioxidants, protein, calcium, iron, thiamin, phosphorus, riboflavin, magnesium, and zinc than oatmeal. So next time you prepare your breakfast, adding a considerable amount of oat bran in your pancake or muffin or perhaps on your omelet could very well make the sexy difference.
2. Go for cereals with large flakes – a recent study from the Penn State concluded that the size of a cereal flake could influence calorie intake. The researchers tested the influence of food volume on calorie intake by systematically reducing the size of the cereal to create four different sizes of flakes. Because the cereal that was crushed into smaller pieces was denser when poured it into a bowl, participants miscalculated the number of calories present in those bowls, thus, resulting to overeating.
3. Don’t forget protein – a protein-packed breakfast can start your day right by satisfying your appetite and helping you eat healthier the rest of the day. According to a study published in the International Journal of Obesity, participants who ate a protein-packed breakfast prompted them to eat 26 percent fewer calories at lunch compared to those who ate a similar meal during breakfast with less protein. Protein helps your body to release peptide YY, a hormone that signals the brain that your stomach is full.
4. Eat oatmeal – although oat bran could be considered better than oatmeal, it also pays to include an oatmeal diet to your list of breakfast ideas. In fact, according to a recent study, participants who ate a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast described themselves as less hungry and more satisfied than people who ate the same amount of calories in cereal.
5. Start your day bigger – since breakfast is the most important meal of the day, eating a larger meal during this time is a requirement. Certainly, it may mean eating more calories, but it also provides a good opportunity for a more efficient weight loss. The reason behind is that a person’s metabolism is at its most efficient in the morning. Hence, allowing the body to process food efficiently.
6. Peanut butter + toast – who wouldn’t want peanut butter on toast? Fortunately, munching on something as good as peanut butter also offers an effective way to control hunger minus weight gain. That’s because peanut butter provides the feeling of satiety or fullness due to the higher levels of peptide YY hormone present in it. But don’t be too carried away in eating peanut butter on toast as each two-tablespoon serving contains about 190 calories.
7. Don’t skip on the eggs – according to a study from the Rochester Centre for Obesity in America, eating eggs for breakfast could help to limit calorie intake throughout the rest of the day by more than 400 calories. The research suggests that eating eggs for breakfast makes the stomach feel fuller for a longer period of time, resulting to eating less on the next meals. Aside from aiding significantly in losing weight, eggs also contain a nutrient called choline, which improves nervous system function and cardiovascular health.
Losing weight could be painstaking at times but knowing the right type and amount of food to eat could lead you in achieving your ultimate goal. It also pays well if you have a lifestyle coach that could guide you seamlessly on your journey to a healthier weight loss.
Vietura Bali offers Nutritional Counseling as part of our Natural Weight Loss Program. Book an appointment with us and ask about programs and treatments that can work for you.
Slim down for summer and reveal your inner goddess. Discover Vietura Bali’s Beauty Staycation Package at Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort.