Losing weight can be quite a challenge. At times, you may feel like all your efforts are not giving you the kind of result you want. You feel that your progress is quite slow. Have you ever reached this point? Well, that could only mean that you may be doing some mistakes on your routines. Let’s take a look on what are these mistakes and identify the steps to fix it and get you right on track the soonest.
1. You forget the importance of a BIG breakfast – this is quite common since dieters think that eating less means consuming less calories. But contrary to this belief, a protein-filled breakfast could actually help satisfy your appetite all throughout the day. Besides, the calories you’ll get from your morning meal will definitely be processed more efficiently as our metabolism normally functions fully in the morning.
2. You skip a meal before you work out – this is a big NO if you want to lose weight faster. The concept is to fuel your body prior to work out. So how should you fuel up to get the most of your work out? For instance, if you’re planning a moderate intensity work out, you should eat at least two or three hours before. A good example of a fuel meal for this kind of work out would be a complex meal such as sandwich on whole grain bread with lean protein, roasted vegetables and avocado.
3. You only go for cardio – losing weight does not only depend on cardio work out. It is also best to pair it with strength training to easily burn those fats. While cardio training will aid in giving immediate results, strength training adds lean body mass which increases your body’s BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) and allows you to burn more calories even if you’re just living your everyday life.
4. You worry too much on losing weight – losing weight could oftentimes be very challenging which is why most dieters resort to emotional eating. So in order to cope up, undergoing stress-management techniques is a must. Doing that could help you lose weight in no time.
5. You think that diet sodas help you lose weight – if you think that drinking diet sodas contribute to your goal in losing weight, you better think again. In a recent study, overweight and obese dieters who went for diet beverages ended up consuming the same amount of daily calories as full-sugar drinkers. Lesson: stay away from the diet soda and go for water instead.
Vietura Bali offers Nutritional Counseling as part of our Natural Weight Loss Program. Book an appointment with us and ask about programs and treatments that can work for you.
Slim down for summer and reveal your inner goddess. Discover Vietura Bali’s Beauty Staycation Package at Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort.