Summer is here and losing those excess pounds is probably the first thing that comes to your mind. But apart from aiming to get a nice figure, it would also be helpful if you associate weight loss in practicing a healthy lifestyle. Weighing way more than your average weight does not only constitute an unacceptable body appearance but it is likewise hazardous to your health. For instance, abdominal fat is not only an eyesore; it is also dangerous to health as it increases the risk of heart attack, diabetes and certain cancers. In fact, some health studies showed that targeting to diminish belly fat has significantly reduced the incidence of health related problems.
So how do you jumpstart into losing weight the healthy way? Check out these 10 easy ways…
1. Eat food slowly – practice “indulge eating” which means enjoying every single bite of what you’re eating. Ideally, every food consumed must be chewed at least 20 times to aid the digestive system to process the food easily, thus, enabling all essential nutrients present in the food to produce the necessary energy that the body needs. Indulge eating also helps in eradicating the possibilities of food becoming fat deposits in the body if it’s not processed properly by the digestive system.
2. Resort to eating normal meals throughout the day – contrary to health studies showing that eating two or three large meals per day cause the body’s metabolism to slow down, it turns out that the metabolic rate of our body is not actually affected by the frequency of our meals. In fact, a recent study which analyzed 24 women of varying weights showed that the women who ate at least four to six meals a day showed no significant increase on the number of calories they burned as compared to those women who ate two or three meals a day.
3. Home-cooked meals are still best – if it is not necessary, refrain from dining out as most restaurant meals include twice the number of calories as a home-cooked meal. Always remember that in order to have a successful weight loss plan, you must be able to control the healthy ingredients present in the food you eat. In case you don’t have ample time to prepare the best home-cooked recipes that would suit your diet plan, it would be best to consult to a professional wellness consultant that could provide you with nutritional counseling.*
4. Use a smaller plate when eating – as time went by, none of us may have probably realized that the average size of our dining plates has gone bigger than usual. The average dining plate nowadays is 11 to 12 inches in diameter as opposed to the 8 to 9 inches in a diameter a few years back. Given the increase in size, it means 40% is added to our normal serving size which means that it constitutes to more food on the plate, thus, more food to consume.
5. Cut back on the sweets – keep in mind that refined carbohydrates and sweets are broken down immediately upon eating, hence, providing an immediate surge of blood sugar which makes the body crave to eat more. However, calories that we get from vegetable and protein sources require much more energy to metabolize which enables the body to process it properly, thus, preventing it to be stored as fat.
6. Drink green tea – health studies confirm that drinking tea, especially the less processed green tea boosts metabolism when you’re resting and specifically targets the release of stored fat. However, it is highly recommended to brew loose herbal teas as opposed to prepackaged teas which may contain artificial flavoring and color.
7. Go for H2O – Drinking 8 glasses of water each day reduces fluid retention naturally and promotes the release of toxins in the body.
8. Watch what you drink – the best way to do this is to start cutting back on your soda/soft drinks consumption. Every time you crave for a soda, always remember that a single can or small bottle of soda contains the equivalent of 10 teaspoons of sugar. This amount of sugar, especially in liquid form, shoots up the blood sugar and causes an insulin reaction in the body. Over time, this can lead to diabetes or insulin resistance, not to mention weight gain and other health problems.
9. Develop a daily exercise routine – for a successful weight loss plan, incorporating a daily exercise program is highly essential. Focus on formulating an exercise regimen that uses a combination of strength and cardio, for example, a 10-minute brisk walk in the morning with 5-minute stretching along with 20 pushups could be good daily routine for starters.
10. Strive to achieve a healthier lifestyle – the key to a successful weight loss program strongly depend on your attitude. If you always aim to achieve a healthier lifestyle each day, everything will follow. It is as simple as going back to the basics and identifying your goals in achieving your ideal weight. Losing weight is indeed very challenging but having the right attitude is the only way to get through it. It is also highly recommended to get a professional life coach to assist you in achieving the results you desire.
Vietura Bali offers Nutritional Counseling as part of our Natural Weight Loss Program. Book an appointment with us and ask about programs and treatments that can work for you.
Slim down for summer and reveal your inner goddess. Discover Vietura Bali’s Beauty Staycation Package at Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort.